Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Shockwave and Awe

What's better than Shockwave?  Only one thing ... TWO Shockwaves. This deck teams up Shockwave with the one character he can count on ... himself.  Interestingly enough, they have a chance to work together quite nicely.  Note, the fortressmaximus.io visual depiction of this deck is included at the end of the article.

Characters:
Decepticon Shockwave (11)
Major Shockwave (14)

Battle Cards (Pip)(Number):
Brainstorm (B)(3)
Collateral Damage (B)(3)
Computer Sabotage (O)(3)
Disruptive Entrance (B)(3)
Energy Pack (O)(3)
Espionage (WG)(3)
LV Gamma-Disrupter Launcher (B)(3)
Rapid Conversion (W)(3)
Scoundrel's Blaster (BG)(3)
Security Checkpoint (BB)(2)
Squish Them Like Bugs (O)(3)
Swindled (O)(2)
Unconventional Flying Object (B)(3)
Underhanded Tactics (B)(3) 

Breakdown: 11 Orange, 25 Blue, 6 White, 6 Green.  31 Actions, 6 Weapons, 3 Utility.

Why these characters:

You can't really make a double Shockwave deck without two Shockwaves.  Plus, Shockwave is awesome. He was the main guy Megatron left on Cybertron to keep stuff under control.  He has a laser thingy instead of a hand.  He has a cool voice.  He has one glowing eye. He's purple.  He thought female Autobots were extinct.  Well, I guess the last part isn't so cool, but nobody's perfect.

Why these battle cards:

Let's start with the easy - Shockwave has his own weapon card.  A card I owned three of before I managed to get a copy of either Shockwave card.  I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO USE THOSE DARN CARDS FOREVER.  LV Gamma-Disrupter Launcher, you are in!  Shockwave also gives an opportunity to use the card that is made for spaceships but is never really used - Unconventional Flying Object - along with other cards that maximize flipping like Rapid Conversion.  Shockwave loves to flip!  Both versions let you draw cards and one makes your opponent scrap one.  Squish Them Like Bugs has a decent chance of being useful because both Shockies are pretty big.  I have a ton of action cards in here, and with all the extra card drawing, I need Brainstorm to let me use them. In an attempt to trigger Decepticon Shockwave's ping damage, I really got into having cards that scrap my opponent's deck, with Espionage, Collateral Damage, Disruptive Entrance, Computer Sabotage, and Security Checkpoint. 





Strategy
This deck is geared around flipping repeatedly to get actions into my hand, and then playing those actions to mess with my opponent's hand and add some ping damage.  Since this is a 'tall' deck, I'm hoping I can make some hay with my cards and limit my opponent's damage by keeping their hand size low.  I probably am getting Decepticon Shockwave into bot mode to set up his ping ability.  Then I'm repeatedly trying to get Major Shockwave in and out of spaceship mode.  This makes my opponent scrap a card, which magically triggers the other Shockwave's ping damage.  Then I play one of my scrapping action cards and ping again.  See? These guys love each other!


No comments:

Post a Comment