Monday, January 20, 2020

Passing the Matrix

This deck is fashioned after that time in Transformers: The Movie where Optimus Prime died and he gave the matrix to Ultra Magnus (not an auspicious inspiration since that didn't work so well in the movie):



CharactersGeneral Optimus Prime (11), Major Ultra Magnus (12), Ultra Magnus Armor (2)



Battle Cards:
Battering Ram x2
Brainstorm x 3
Cargo Trailer x3
Combat Training x2
Cooling Vents x1
Data Pad x1
Defensive Formation x2
Diagnosis x3
Energy Pack x 2
Grenade Launcher x3
Handheld Blaster x3
Improvised Shield x3
Matrix of Leadership x1
Mining Pick x2
Noble Blaster x2
Roll Out x1
Squish them Like bugs x2
Steamroll x1
Team up Tactics x2
Breakdown: 22O, 22B, 2G, 5W. 14 Actions, 12 Weapons, 5 Armor, 9 Utility

Why these characters? Both are trucks and leaders, so I have a better chance of using the Matrix, battering ram, and cargo trailer.  They are both Autobots, so I can use tribal cards like Noble Blaster.  Both are big, so I have a better chance of using Squish Them Like Bugs and can use Energy Pack.



Why these cards?  I only have to flip Magnus once so I tried to have my deck geared towards hitting 2 orange and 2 blue pips.  That's why I have the double pip cards (Handheld Blaster, Improvised Shield, Matrix, Roll Out, Ultra Magnus armor once it gets knocked off).  I tried to pick white cards that would also help me get those cards - Combat Training gives me bold 1 if I have an Armor on Magnus, Data Pad gives me a card and lets me put on one the top of the deck.  Either one of these utilities would help Magnus.  Obviously Mining Pick is very helpful as well. My other white pip is Diagnosis, which could help keep these guys alive. 

Since I have only two guys, I tried to pick pip cards that would help heal these guys or block damage - Cooling Vents, Defensive Formation, Team up Tactics.   I put Steamroll in for situations where I am playing a wide team and need to smash the damage to another player.

Strategy: This one is all about flipping Ultra Magnus and trying to smash with him until his armor gets taken off.

What do you think about this amazing recreation of the saddest moment in movie history?

No comments:

Post a Comment